Unit Test on Flowers
Multiple Choices (5 points each). Circle the correct letter to complete the sentence.
- Anther is the part the plant that
- Is yellow grains b. are the colorful leaves c. the main body of a plant d. the part of the stamen that holds pollen.
- Petals are what part of the flower?
- leaf-like segments b. colorful leaves c. yellow grains d. flattened structure of a plant.
- The part of the flower that holds the flowers eggs is called
- stigma b. stamen c .petal d. pistil
- The main body of a plant or a flower is called
- pistil b. stamen c. stem d. petal
True or false (5 points each). Underline true if the statement is true and false is the statement is false.
- The leaf is the flattened structure of a plant, which can grow above or below the ground.
True or False
- The powdery substance of the flower is called the petal. True or False
- Filament is the threadlike substance found in plant structures. True or False
- The tip of the female part of a flower is called the stigma. True or False
Matching (5 points each). Draw a line from the word in column A to the correct definition in column B.
- Flower a. a flattened structure of a higher plant
- Petal b. yellow, powdery grains discharged from the male
part of the flower
- Pollen c. male part of the flower which contain the anther and
- Leaf d. the seed bearing part of the plant which consists of
male and female parts
- Stamen e. segment part of the flower which have leaves and can be
Essay (35 points)
Explain how a flower is pollinated. Watch your spelling; don’t forget your punctuation and capitalization at the beginning of the complete sentence.